May 2, 2007

My tummy is full, but my wallet is so, so sad.

I've been very, very bad about posting, even though it's not like I stopped eating...I'll put another overview up so you can see what to expect from me in the upcoming weeks. This is all Osaka/Tokyo/Vietnam stuff I've been saving up for a while, so for an overview of restaurants/cafes/snack bars that will be showing up, refer to the list below. And if there's something you're particularly interested, feel free to badger me unmercifully for information :).

I'm in Tokyo at the moment, getting ready to come back to the States. It's been pretty whirlwind, but I got some good eats in while I was at it.

Notable (and not necessarily in a good way):

Osaka:

~ Kani Doraku (Dotombori)
~ Hakata Ippudo Ramen (Namba/Shinsaibashi)
~ Mithila (Dotombori)
~ Krungtep/Gaow Thai (Namba/Dotombori)
~ Haya (Dotombori)
~ Poire Bakery (Tezukayama/Himematsu)
~ Otakoya (Dotombori)

Tokyo:

~ The Lion's Head (Big one in Ginza)
~ Tully's Coffee (Izumi Garden Tower/Roppongi)
~ Paul's Bakery (Izumi Garden Tower/Roppongi)
~ Star Kebab (Akihabara)
~ The New York Grill (Park Hyatt Shinjuku) - yes, that's right, LOST IN TRANSLATION.
~ La Rochelle (Shibuya) - IRON CHEF HIROYUKI SAKAI IS MY FAAAAVORITESSSST!
~ Soup Curry (Kabukicho)

Vietnam:

STREET FOOOOOOOOD!!
I'm not sure I have notes for most of this, as Aaron and I generally ate at random holes in the wall, or places that didn't have names that family took us to. BAD FOODIE! BAAAD! But I can still talk at length!

Okay. I shall return. Right after I finish packing up for goin' home to good ol' Virginny. Heeeeellllllz yes.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: